For discussions not related to specific forums

Moderators: Pugwash, MarineNationale

Postby Brizo65 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi All,
1st post new to the forum. My name is Brian I'm 65 years old and retired. I was a fitter on London transport for 50 years.Been building models for about the same amount of time. I build most types of model my main interest is WW11 armor/Cars F1 and I also like most things RC.And of course ships. At the moment I'm building the Trumpeter 1/200th HMS HOOD but I've come to a stop because I'm waiting for my PONTOS upgrade set to arrive. So far I've removed the lower hull and boxed in the hull plus started to build some of the sub assemblies. So at the moment I'm back to my PERKASA MTB the 1/32nd scale. Must admit the air indoors has been blue with this kit :twisted: but I'm getting there. I forgot to say I live in Romford Essex. So I will be picking your brains at some point. All the very best, Brian...
Brizo65

Re: Newbie

Postby Rob on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:01 pm

Welcome Brian
Rob
The Model Warship forum
Rob

Postby 1958nige on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:15 pm

\hi mate

Completed this recently with the prontos wood deck. She is a beautiful ship. If you want to chat through anything then let me know. I am at home for at least the next month so happy to talk anytime during the day.
regards

Nige

Remember this is just a hobby !!!
1958nige

Postby brianc on Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:24 pm

A warm welcome to the forum Brian,
I've built the Hooben Perkasa, with a bit of care and swapping out of some parts, it makes a beautiful model.
A little forward planning, saves a red face later!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian.
Scottish Model Warship Association.
brianc

Return to Chit Chat