Sirmar Fittings

For discussions not related to specific forums

Moderators: Pugwash, MarineNationale

Sirmar Fittings

Postby PaulH on Thu May 02, 2013 6:57 pm

Sorry to bring this up but is anyone else having issues with getting orders satisfied from Sirmar? I placed an order with Barrie back in October and I have been chasing him ever since, he calls me back after I email him or text promising to get it done but I'm still waiting 8 Months on. He supplied my first order complete and on time, it was a complete set of fittings so was worth over £200.

I assume he is still in business?
PaulH

Re: Sirmar Fittings

Postby robdurant on Fri May 03, 2013 9:45 am

Hi Paul,

I spoke to Barry at Sirmar (http://www.sirmarfittings.com/) last week. I've been waiting for HMS Cottesmore MCMV fittings since December, although to be fair to Barry, he did make it clear when I ordered that six weeks was an absolute minimum.

Having spoken to him last week, he certainly gave no indication that he was out of business. In fact, I believe he's recently stopped the job he was doing, so has more time to do Sirmar things?

He said he had some destroyer fittings to do, then he'd be onto mine, to be ready by next week. So hopefully I'll hear this coming week. Sounds as though yours should have priority in the todo list, though ;)

Am I right in thinking your fittings are for a T42? Hope your fittings come through soon :)

Rob
Rob D
robdurant

Re: Sirmar Fittings

Postby PaulH on Sat May 04, 2013 4:19 pm

robdurant wrote:Hi Paul,

I spoke to Barry at Sirmar (http://www.sirmarfittings.com/)

He said he had some destroyer fittings to do, then he'd be onto mine, to be ready by next week. So hopefully I'll hear this coming week. Sounds as though yours should have priority in the todo list, though ;)

Am I right in thinking your fittings are for a T42? Hope your fittings come through soon :)

Rob

Yes I am building a T42 so hopefully I will be getting them very soon.
PaulH

Return to Chit Chat